1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Easley Progress Cutest Pet Contest (the “Contest”) is open to U.S. residents who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Easley Progress (“Contest Organizer”), all Sponsors, Heartland Publications, Llc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Contest will begin on Monday, January 17, 2011 and end on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 (the “Contest Period”). Submissions will be accepted until 11:59pm (EST) on February 6, 2011. Voting will commence at Midnight on the morning of February 7, 2011 and run through the end of the Contest Period.
To enter, submit a photo of your pet at http://theeasleyprogress.com/contests_pet and complete all required information and follow all posted instructions. Each photo submission must be an authentic, original photograph taken by contestant identified on the accompanying entry form, and the contestant must own the copyright in the photograph submitted.
You may enter the Contest as often as you like but only one (1) prize per person.
Contest Organizer will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Contest Organizer. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. All entries become property of Contest Organizer and none will be returned. Contestants acknowledge and agree that Contest Organizer shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Contest Organizer in its sole discretion, and Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. Contest Organizer further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party’s intellectual property rights, or that Contest Organizer deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience.
4. Winner Selection. theeasleyprogress.com readers will vote for their favorite pet at http://theeasleyprogress.com/contests_pet February 7 – February 23, 2011. The entry with the most votes will be the grand prize winner.
5. Prizes and Odds. Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be awarded. Runners-up prizes may be awarded pending sponsorship of the prize.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on or about Thursday, February 24, 2011 at the telephone number and/or email address provided on winner’s entry form. Contest Organizer will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form. Failure to reach winner by phone may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Contest Organizer reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability certifying that the entrant’s submission is entrant's original work, that entrant owns right to the work, that the submission has not previously won an award or prize in a contest and has not previously been published, and that entrant has complied with the Official Rules of the Contest, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law). Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Contest Organizer.
7. Participation. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Contest Organizer. Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Contest Organizer. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Organizer which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Contest Organizer reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Contest Organizer reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each contestant grants to Contest Organizer an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the contestant’s submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each contestant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Contest Organizer as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Contest Organizers may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Contest Organizers.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Contest Organizer. The Cutest Pet Contest is organized by The Easley Progress. The decisions of Contest Organizer regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Contest Organizer will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Sandy Foster at email@example.com or by telephone 864.855.0355.